As four friends settle into retirement and explore new personal frontiers, they’ve realized this major life change also brings limitless opportunity for reflection and self-discovery through the arts. Former college counselors Cheryl Long and Chris Lozier have pursued their passions in painting and ceramics, respectively, while retired high school art teacher Bruce Nufer has discovered a niche restoring religious art and journalist Kathy Walsh Nufer has written about the intergenerational links in her family’s activist spirit. 4-8 p.m. Tuesday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday and Sunday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday-Saturday. (608) 753-9000, www.herbsspicesandmore.com.
The public is invited to attend the regular Lower Wisconsin State Riverway Board monthly business meeting at 5 p.m. the second Thursday of the month at the following locations:
- July 13: Kratochwill Memorial Building, 206 N. Wisconsin Ave., Muscoda
- Aug. 10: Wyalusing State Park, 13081 State Park Lane, Prairie du Chien
- Sept. 14: Spring Green Public Library, 230 E. Monroe St.
- Oct. 12: Wauzeka Village Hall, 13 E. Front St.
- Nov. 9: Avoca Village Hall, 401 Wisconsin St., Avoca
- Dec. 14: Kratochwill Memorial Building, 206 N. Wisconsin Ave., Muscoda
For more information and agendas, see the LWSRB website or Facebook page or call (608) 739-3188 or 1-800-221-3792.
Taliesin Preservation offers a variety of tours of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Wisconsin home and studio on the Taliesin estate. Advance reservations strongly recommended. Tours begin and end at the Frank Lloyd Wright Visitor Center, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year and features the Taliesin Bookstore and Riverview Terrance Cafe. 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. daily. (877) 588-7900, www.taliesinpreservation.org.